Eat good and cheap! v.1
Today’s eat cheap meal is angus beef patties with Italian veggie toss.
1. Buy 2 angus beef patties from your local grocery store for 10p each.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet on high so the pan is hot.
3. Season patties on one side with salt and pepper. Sear this side down. While doing so, season the other side. Once a nice crust has formed, flip and sear the reverse. Are both sides nicely seared? Turn pan down to about 2/3 speed.
4. Meanwhile, dice 2 potatoes, slice a fistful of green beans in half length-wise, and slice 1/2 an onion into rings.
5. Put some olive oil down in another pan. Heat. Add some ready-chopped garlic and cook to flavor the oil. Once the garlic has started to crisp a little, add the onions, cook for a few, then add the green beans.
6. In yet another pan, heat some oil, season with salt and pepper. Once hot, add your potatoes. Cook until tender-crispy, then drain.
7. Toss together veggies and add a scoop of pesto. Toss until evenly coated. Next time, I think I’m going to add a splash of lemon juice.
8. Hopefully you haven’t forgotten about your hamburger patties. Continue to cook until they have an even, cooked appearance.
9. Serve patties over a foundation of the veggies.
All of this for under 2 GBP. Serves 2.